It has been a couple of months since I last called Ancestry support regarding tree indexing, so I called again today.
For background, my Heartland Genealogy (public) tree on Ancestry does not show up in a search of ‘Public Member Trees’. I first became aware of the issue last October when I found out that my tree created by uploading my RootsMagic data would not be indexed if I did not have any Ancestry sources linked to individuals in my tree. Thus, I started accepting the shaky leaf hints — even though I already had my own citation for that source — and waiting for my tree to be indexed.
The person on the other end of the phone today was very nice – and very efficient. Her first question was, “How long have you had your tree?” My answer was “about a year.” She then commented that it “takes some time for a tree to appear”. I asked if she could verify the last date in which public member trees were indexed. She promptly replied, October 10, 2017. I then asked if she knew when trees would be indexed again. She said she had no idea when that will happen.
For those unfamiliar with this ongoing issue, below are links to various blog posts, forum posts and other places the issue has been discussed:
- Ancestry Tree Not Searchable – post on RootsMagic Forum – Oct 23, 2017
- Ancestry / RootsMagic Tree Not Searchable – Oct. 25, 2017
- Update: Tree Not Searchable – Oct. 26, 2017
- RootsMagic TreeShare, Ancestry Member Trees and Source Citations by Randy Seaver – Oct 31, 2017
- Ancestry Member Trees, Indexing Rules, Cousin Bait, Source Citations and Me by Randy Seaver – Dec 18, 2017
- When Did Ancestry.com Last Index Member Trees? by Randy Seaver – Jan. 17, 2018
- Please Index All Names in My Ancestry Member Tree – Mondays with Myrt (Dear Myrtle) – Feb 26, 2016
- Ancestry Indexing Saga Continues – April 16, 2018
- Ancestry Indexing Update – May 30, 2018
- Tree Indexing Update – June 11, 2018
- Indexing Mystery – July 21, 2018
- Has Ancestry.com Indexed the Ancestry Member Trees Yet? by Randy Seaver – Aug 15, 2018
The wait continues!