I am researching John Thompson who married Sarah Iglehart in 1820 in Ohio county, Kentucky. According to cemetery records, John was born in Kentucky. According to a history of Adams County, Iowa, John resided in Warrick county, Indiana before migrating to Wapella County, Iowa and then to Adams County, Iowa.
John and Sarah’s children include
- William Taylor Thompson (1820-1898) md Mary Ann Evans
- Jacob Thompson (1822-1905) md Rhoda Evans
- Benjamin Franklin Thompson (1824-1875) md Catherine Black
- Levi Thompson (1826-1828)
- Martha Jane Thompson (1828-1848) md Alexander Van Winkle
- Andrew J Thompson (1832-?)
- Mary Elizabeth Thompson (1834-1917) md Henry Evans
- John Lowe Thompson (1836-1917) md Martha Ingersoll
- Francis Marion Thompson (1838-1921) md Martha Schooling
- Sarah Ellen Thompson (1841-1844)
- James Allen Thompson (1841-1868) md Margaret Scott
I am trying to identify John’s siblings and parents. Based on the birthplaces of the children, I believe John and Sarah were living in Warrick county, Indiana in 1840. A search of the 1840 census for Warrick county, Indiana shows several Thompsons, including TWO named John B Thompson.
I think the John B Thompson in Ohio, Warrick, IN is my John Thompson.