Do you ever look at your genealogy information in a different way — just for the fun of it?
I find that doing Randy Seaver’s ‘Saturday Night Genealogy Fun’ blog posts helps me see my data in a different way — even though I’m just doing it to participate in a fun activity.
This week’s challenge, should you accept it:
- Pick one of your ancestral lines — any one — patrilineal, matrilineal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc. Pick a long one if you can.
- Tell us which position in the birth order that your ancestor was in each generation. For example “third child, first son.” Also list how many children were born to these parents.
- Share your Birth Order work with the community on your own blog post, in a comment to Randy’s original post, or in a comment on Facebook, et.
I thought about doing my Germanna line (Briles) but switched to my DAR line.
- Marcia Crawford, eldest child and only daughter
- Eugene Crawford was the second child of three, eldest son of Leon and Winnie Crawford. Eugene’s siblings both died young.
- Leon Russel Crawford (1894-1976)was the second child of seven of Judson Foster Crawford and Josie Winifred Hammond. Leon was the eldest son.
- Josie Winifred Hammond (1874-1954) was the 7th child of 9 of Richmond Fisk Hammond and Sarah Ellen Ralston. Josie was the youngest daughter. She had 2 younger brothers.
- Richmond Fisk Hammond (1840-1928), was the 10th child of 11 of Horatio Hammond and Louisa Fisk. Richmond was the youngest son.
- Horatio Hammond (1798-1879) was the youngest of six children of Jason Hammond and Rachel Hale.
- Jason Hammond (1762-1830) was the eldest child of 9 children born to Nathaniel Hammond and Dorothy Tucker.
- Nathaniel Hammond (1733-1817) was the eldest child of 4 children born to Elijah Hammond and Mary Kingsbury.
- Elijah Hammond (1711-1800) was the youngest of seven children born to Isaac Hammond and Ann Hendrick.
- Isaac Hammond (1668-1715/6) was the fourth of seven children born to Thomas Hammond and Elizabeth Stedman.
- Thomas Hammond (abt 1630-1678) was the oldest of four children born to Thomas Hammond and Elizabeth Cason.
- Thomas Hammond (1603-1675) was my immigrant ancestor on this line. I do not have much information on Thomas and his family.
Most of the information on this family came from two books.
- Genealogy of the Family of Horatio Hammond, Ontario Illinois in the Direct Line from Thomas Hammond (Galesburg, Illlinois: Colville Printer, 1876).
- History and Genealogies of the Hammond Families in America With an Account of the Early History of the Family in Normandy and Great Britain (Oneida, NY: Ryan & Burkhart, 1904).