Do you have ‘floating’ or ‘orphan’ trees in your Ancestry tree? I know that I do have ‘floaters’ in my tree. I recently watched a Genealogy TV video by Constance Knox on how to make connections to link some of those ‘floaters’ to my big tree.
Today, I decided to get this set up for some of the members of my Crawford FAN Club:
- Nathan Sellers
- James Crawford (wife Elizabeth Vansant)
- Alexander Crawford (wife Mary McPheeters)
- James Crawford (wife Rebecca Anderson)
- James Crawford (wife Rebecca McPheeters)
- James Crawford (wife Martha Knight)
- Alexander Moore (wife Mary Crawford)
- Alexander Duggins (wife Sally Smith — who married James Crawford)
- John Anderson (father of Rebecca Anderson Crawford)
- Bazeleel Maxwell (brother-in-law of James Crawford/Rebecca Anderson)
- Alexander Crawford (wife Margaret McElwee)
- Absalom Adams (grandfather of Margaret McElwee)
- James Crawford (wife Sally Duggins) — MY ANCESTOR
- Edward Crawford – yDNA connection
- Jacob Miller – father of Nancy / father-in-law of Isaac Crawford
First, I created a ‘Custom Tag’ called FanClub Crawford and attached it to each member of the FAN club.
I also added comments:
- Explain FAN club membership
- Explain links located at bottom of page
- Provide link to my blog — particularly the Untangling James Crawford post when appropriate
Hopefully, this will not only help me ‘migrate’ around my tree, but also help others see potential connections among this group of people.
This process has been very helpful since it helped me put in writing the members of the fan club.