As with many other genealogists, I’m struggling with the upcoming loss of small matches from my Ancestry DNA match list. I have no idea how many of these matches I have but I’m guessing it is in the thousands.
Since I will never have the time to work thru thousands upon thousands of matches to figure out how we connect, I’m hoping to use Ancestry’s computer technology to help me. Thus, I’m concentrating on my ThruLines matches, including the “potential ancestors”.
I have done a lot of descendancy research which I believe is helping Ancestry’s ThruLines technology connect me to DNA matches who have very small trees. Seeing the words ‘No Tree’ or ‘Unlinked Tree’ in my list of matches means I will scroll right past the match and will never take the time to figure out our relationship.
Thus, I need my over 100,000 matches to have a searchable tree attached to their DNA test(s).
- Tree size doesn’t matter – put in as much as you know (parents, grandparents, etc.) [Getting Started, Lesson 1 – Starting Your Tree]
- Private or Living can be used for the name of a living individual in your tree
- Adding brothers and sisters for each generation will help connections be made
- Make your tree searchable [Family Tree Privacy]
- Attach your DNA test to this tree [Linking an AncestryDNA Test to a Tree]
PLEASE help me figure out our DNA connection by attaching a tree to your DNA results.