Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: It’s Saturday Night again –
Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!
Here is your assignment, should you decide to accept it (you ARE reading this, so I assume that you really want to play along – cue the Mission Impossible music!):
1) Have you identified #42 on your ahnentafel list? If not, how about #21 the mother of #42? If not, how about #10 on your ahnentafel list? Do you even have an ahnentafel list?
2) Anyway, tell us about your #42 ancestor (or #21, or #10, etc.) – full name, parents, spouse, children, birth, baptism, death, marriage, burial, etc.
So, who is #42 on my Ahnentafel? It is Henry F. Burke, father of Angelina Jane Burke Currey.
A search of this blog reveals three posts related to Henry F. Burke.
- Shaky Leaf Bonanza
- Will the Estate Ever Be Settled?
- A Random Clue
Henry F. Burke was born on 30 Apr 1811.1–3
He was the child of John Burke and Elizabeth Graves.
He married Elizabeth Ann Bland on 22 Oct 1835 in Monroe, Kentucky, United States.4–6
On 30 Oct 1836, Angelina Jane Burke was born in Kentucky, United States.
On 2 Feb 1838, Milton E. Burke was born in Tennessee, United States.
He was listed on the tax rolls in 1839 in Platte City, Platte, Missouri, United States.7–8
On 25 Jul 1839, Sarah E. Burke was born in Missouri, United States.
Henry S Burke was listed on the 1840 census. Included in his household were 1 white male under 5, 1 white male 20-29, 2 white females under 5, 1 white female 20-20, 1 male slave under 10, 1 female slave under 10,9–10
On 15 Jul 1841, Pamilla A. Burke was born in Missouri, United States.
Henry purchased land being the NE 1/4 of section 27 Township 54 North of Range 36 West on 21 Aug 1843 in Platte City, Platte, Missouri, United States.11
On 30 Apr 1844, John Martin Burke was born in Missouri, United States.
He sold land being the North East 1/4 of Section 27 in Township 54 of Range 36 on 5 Mar 1845 in Platte, Missouri, United States.12
He died on 30 Oct 1845 at the age of 34 in Weston, Platte, Missouri, United States.3,13–14
Henry was buried after 30 Oct 1845 at Laurel Hill Cemetery in Weston, Platte, Missouri, United States.2–3,13
He had his estate on the probate court docket on 2 Mar 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.15
He received a preemption certificate having made full payment for the NE 1/4 of secton 27 township 54 of range 36 on 1 Apr 1846 in Plattsburg, Clinton, Missouri, United States.16–17
Henry had his estate on the probate court docket on 4 Apr 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
He had his estate on the probate court docket on 4 May 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
He had his estate on the probate court docket on 1 Jun 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
Henry had his estate on the probate court docket on 5 Aug 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
He had his estate on the probate court docket on 7 Sep 1846 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
He had his estate on the probate court docket on 2 Feb 1847 in Platte, Missouri, United States.18
1. Hiram Currey, Hiram Currey Family Bible (New York: American Bible Society, 1880); Marcia Philbrick, Seneca, KS, Family Record — Births, Children of H. F. & E. A. Burk “Henry F. Burke The Father of Angelina Jane Burke was borned April the 30th 1811”
3. Find a Grave, database and images, Find a Grave (www.findagrave.com : viewed online July 2017), memorial for Henry F Burke (1811-1845), Find a Grave Memorial no. #24041218, created by Laura Tasset Koehn, citing Laurel Hill Cemetery, Weston, Platte County, Missouri; accompanying photograph by Marcia Philbrick, Henry F Burke.
6. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 database, Ancestry.com (https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/7836/). Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 : [AccessType] [AccessDate]; [Page].
7. Platte County Missouri Records 1839-1849: 1840 Federal Census, Sale of Sixteenth Secion, 1842 Land Records and Tax Lists of 1839, 1847, and 1849 (Platte City, Missouri: Platte County Historical Society, 1993), p. 34 (Burke.MO.055)
14. “1884 Complaint Burke vs Brooks,” transcription of court documents, Barbara_Parker1510, Ancestry.com (www.ancestry.com : viewed online October 2016), Henry F. Burke; transcribed from FHL Film #985,278.
15. Platte County, MIssouri, Court Record, v. 1 1839-1846, image 246; Estate of H. F. Burke; FamilySearch, http://www.familysearch.org; FHL microfilm 988945 / #007631728.
16. United States, U.S. General Land Office Records, 1796-1907, Henry Burke, 1 April 1846; database with images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : viewed online October 2016).
17. United States Bureau of Land Management, “General Land Office Records,” database with images, BLM.Gov (http://glorecords.blm.gov : viewed online 29 May 2021), Henry F Burke.